I’m allergic to Kiwis? Yeah. I found out about 10 years ago after buying the sweet, furry things on a whim. A huge bag from Costco, because why not buy something you’ve never eaten IN BULK?
I got it home and cut one open, not really sure how to eat it. It was so tasty and it made the back of my throat tingle. It then made the tip of my tongue catch fire. After 15 minutes my whole mouth felt like it was infested with fleas. I looked like a moron scratching the roof of my mouth with a fork, but dear Lord was it worth it.
Recently I bought a few, forgetting the lovely reaction I had to them. I cut one open and the second it hit my mouth, I remembered. It didn’t stop me though. I ate a few slices. Seems like age had made me not so allergic to them.
Tonight I pulled out the two I had sitting in the fridge. I ate a whole one. SO GOOD, I had to go back and eat the other one.
Now I am reminded of WHY I shouldn’t eat Kiwi’s. Not only do I have all the symptoms I had before, I feel physically ill.
Thank God, the taste of fish grosses me out to no end, because I am allergic to that too.
I’m thinking it’s going to be another 10 years before I eat another Kiwi.
If you don’t hear from me in a few days it’s because they have no wireless access at the hospital.